Saturday, October 9, 2010

"Try to take over the World!"




THEN
In 1976 Apple Computers Inc. was established and in 2010 it is slowly taking over the world, literally. The first Macintosh was created in 1985 and initially sold well but second wind was not so great because of the prices of theses computers. Another bust was the Macintosh Portable which weighted 17 pound, explaining why they did not sell as well as the company hoped. The PowerBook on the other hand may have been what really got Apple soaring, thought it was short lived. 


Today Apple is constantly finding a way to put another company out of business or close to it. Between the iPhone, iPad and the MacBook there is no way of excaping Apple. With the introduction of iTunes it has become harder and harder to get media for free if you are using an Apple product. It was created so that files downloaded from file sharing engines weren't compatible with their products. Many people used programs such as Limewire to download music for free instead of paying $16 for a album in stores. Even though this was illegal activity many downloaders didn't see it as such a serious crime.Apple found a way to not only minimize this problem but to also gain a huge profit from it. With everyone rushing to the store to buy the latest Apple product they do not realize how much more money they will be paying to apple over the entire time span that they are using the product. Having to get everything from music to apps from the apple store is cutting out the file sharing and illegal downloading. Still Apple isn't only affect file sharing, they are also affect other legitimate companies as well such as Adobe, whose flash can no longer be played on the iPad or iPhones.



Need a flash light, a map, menstrual cycle tracker, a police tracker, to see the stars in the day? WELL THERE IS AN APP FOR THAT!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Apple is taking all over the world. I happen to be sucker for this. I have had and ipod nanon, ipod, then ipod touch, which I am now currently using. I do not have MAC, but I would like to because their more convenient. I am going to get Macbook Pro for my birthday next year because MAC'S dont get viruses its hard to hack into a MAC, PC's in the other hand need the anti-virus protection, the spyweare and so forth. I think MAC is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true! Geez I hadn't thought of all of this till now that I am reading this. But yeah Apple is taking over! Well the only Apple that I own is my iPod which by the way I have already invested so much money I'm but I guess it's kind of worth it.

    ReplyDelete